Our crew

Our crew

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Home Study

When I got the final email scheduling the home study I got very emotional.  It surprised me really.  I wasn't expecting to feel that way.  I described it to a friend as the feeling I get when I find out I'm pregnant.  A little shock and disbelief mixed with pure joy.  Later, when talking with Andrew, he said he felt more like it was the "ultra-sound".  It didn't make sense to me until he explained.  For me, the ultra-sound is so much less of a moment than the initial knowledge that there is in fact a baby.  Andrew pointed out though that for him, starting the classes was the "finding out".  It was still a foggy idea.  Nothing  he could see or feel.   The home study though, he can see.   I get it.  Emotional.  And this is likely to be a very long pregnancy.

Today is the day.  In about 4 hours our caseworker will be here.  This is really happening!  I'm not really nervous, but a little anxious.   I woke up after a night full of dreams.  Dreams that the house was a wreck.  Dreams that the kids were crazy.  Dreams that I was crazy. Dreams that something went wrong.  And then came dreams of our future children.

My friendly reminder:

Do not be anxious about anything,but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.-Philippians 4:6

We are all ready though.  My house is probably cleaner than it should be (to look normal).  Every outlet is covered, medicines locked, etc.  We are prepared to answer a million questions.  The kids know what's coming and I know they will do just fine.  The biggest concern there is that they just wont talk.  The bedrooms are all laid out and dressers are waiting.     The only thing I'm afraid won't "pass" is the kids fort outside :)


The last few days things have been a bit hectic as we prepare.  Some wonderful friends have come alongside us and helped us prepare.  We've gotten texts and emails letting us know they're praying for us.  It all means so much.  Thank you!  Aside from those friends and family, this verse has been my comfort this week:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.Proverbs 3:5-6


Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.  Today is a big day, but it's really still the beginning. There will be many more hurdles and bridges to come along this journey.    Thank you for walking beside us.

No comments:

Post a Comment