- Drivers License
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Divorce Decree (if applicable)
- Death certificate of spouse (if applicable)
- Birth certificates
- Diploma or GED (all of them)
- Current liability insurance (auto)
- paycheck stubs or tax return
- 10 year residency form
- background check release
- FBI fingerprint criminal history clearance
- DFPS history clearance
- DPS criminal history clearance
- TB skin test for all household members over age 1
- pet vaccinations
- house rules (including rewards and consequences)
- health inspection (done by Buckner)
- fire inspection (done by Buckner)
- Floor plan
- pictures of home exterior and surrounding areas
- home child-care plan
- home schedule (summer and the school year)
- evacuation plan
- tax return
- verification of health insurance
- proof of life insurance on husband and wife (50K minimum)
The online classes we have to complete are:
- Medical consent training
- Psychotropic Medication
- Trauma Informed Care
There are more classes for Foster parents that we don't have to take like CPR/First aid and a few others.
This Saturday we will have a fund raiser bake sale at a local vendor fair. We've asked several friends from church and community to help by baking items and have had great responses. Thank you to all who are helping! If you'd like more information about this event, please let me know. There will be lots of great vendors there. I know I plan on doing a little Christmas shopping too, if I can break away from my booth. I'd love to see you there! I'm very hopeful that this will be a great starting place for our fundraising efforts.
Oh yeah, we took some family pictures last week. I still didn't get the Christmas card photo I wanted, but we got some fun shots. I can't wait to see what our picture looks like next year!
Here's my crew. 15m, 3, 4.5, 6, and ALMOST 8.
A little fun with daddy.
This is about as close as we got to everyone being happy. Maybe next time we will work better around nap time and snack time.
And here is a shot of my parents with all 13 of their grandchildren. (the oldest is 10)