Our crew

Our crew

Friday, March 7, 2014

Busy Bee

I'm trying to keep myself busy with projects so that I can keep my mind off the possibilities.  Since we've submitted our home study on the two little girls, we have been notified about another adorable sibling group.  (I really wish I could share pictures with you all!)  Seeing their pictures makes it all very real.  I like knowing their names and being able to pray for them specifically, even if they aren't meant to be in our family.  In the mean time though, my mind is racing.

In case you don't know this about me, I'm a planner.  I want a plan A, B, and C at the very least.  I want to know where our potential kids are going to sit in the car, around the table, and at church.  I want to plan their birthday parties.  I want to think up fun nick names for them.  I want to plan our future photo shoots so that one day I can share them with everyone.  But I can't.  Not only do I not know when or if we will get the call on these little girls.  I don't know when we'll get a call on anyone.  And if we get a call, I don't know how long it will take or when we will get whomever they are. I can't plan.  And it's driving me nuts.

Today I busied myself with a couple of sewing projects for the girls.  When I told Andrew that I had fabric for the girls he gave me the look.  He suspected I was already sewing for new kids.  I wasn't.  But that doesn't mean I didn't think about it.  And besides, I can always get more and make them matching outfits too!



It's comforting knowing that our great God has had our family planned from before time began.  I don't know who will be in our family, what they will look like, their age, or gender, or anything.  But the Lord knows.  And it's a perfect plan.


In the mean time, I'm making lots of lists and crossing many things off.  Next up, cleaning out the freezers.  I'm making as many plans as I can. I'll probably have a whole alphabet of scenarios figured out before we know anything.  And then none of them will work.  It's fun to dream though.





No comments:

Post a Comment