Our crew

Our crew

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Not This Time

Our case worker called this morning and told me what I expected to hear.  We did not get the girls.  I'm surprisingly not that upset about it.  When we first submitted our home study for them I thought about them constantly and didn't sleep well because I was thinking about them.  Then, after we got info on another sibling set, my mind was filled with both of them.  It's been so nice to be able to pray for these children and to associate a name with a face.  But out prayers have been that these children would be blessed with loving parents and a forever home.  I am happy to report that these two little girls now have a forever home.  I presume that it will be a loving one.

It was almost too good to be true anyway.  What are the odds of being licensed in three months and getting an adoptive placement immediately?  We also learned through this that our older boys would really like another brother.  We wait to see what the Lord has in store for us and we know that His timing is perfect and His plan for our family is perfect.  We didn't get these two girls, but they did get a home.  That's the point of adoption.  It's not about finding kids for families.  It's about finding families for kids.

I'm not sure if we will report here each time that we submit and are not chosen.  I'm sure I'll have an idea of how long it takes and how many submissions.  I'm a little afraid that our family size will deter the case workers, but again, that is all in the Lord's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment